Court Support

Going to court can be hard and stress­ful. If you are a woman who has expe­ri­enced domes­tic, fam­i­ly or sex­u­al vio­lence, a Court Sup­port Case Work­er can help you with this*, so you don’t have to go through it on your own.

*Please note that the WoSS­CA Court Sup­port Ser­vice is only avail­able to those who have mat­ters being heard in the Alice Springs Mag­is­trates Court. It is not avail­able to defendants.

A Court Sup­port Case Work­er can go to legal appoint­ments or court appear­ances with you for sup­port. They can help you get legal advice and to under­stand the court processes.

They may also be able to help if:

  • you need to get a Domes­tic Vio­lence Order (DVO)

  • you’re involved in a crim­i­nal law case 

  • you’ve been asked to give evi­dence in court about an inci­dence of vio­lence you witnessed .

The Court Sup­port Case Work­er is not a lawyer. They under­stand the court and legal sys­tems and will help you with your situation.

If you would like to speak to a Court Sup­port Case Work­er, call us on 08 8953 7648.